Did you know that according to the British Heart Foundation, twenty million adults in the UK are currently inactive? On Friday 27th of April, it is On Your Feet Britain Day and this is a great initiative to get more of us on our feet and completing more physical activity.
How can you encourage your employees to be more active?
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs
- Have standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk and maybe take a stroll outside
- Walk to your colleague’s desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
Why not take it on as an office challenge & free yourself from the office chair for the day.
One of our clients currently have 20% of their employees engaged in a virtual pedometer challenge of the north of England. If this is something your employees would enjoy then please get in touch on 01924 666295.